Monday, September 08, 2008

The first show: Birmingham

This morning I got up and out at 9:30am. I jogged along the Birmingham Canal, which is beautiful, towards the NIA, the show venue.



As I jogged, I periodically stopped to take photos, and a bird decided to come near me. I’m sure it wanted food, but I only took its photo.



I trotted back to the hotel, just in time to catch the complimentary Continental Breakfast. I’m determined to spend as little as possible while on tour, and so far I’m doing really well! I haven’t spent a thing! Lol After breakfast, I went to the gym and worked out with weights and did about 20 minutes of yoga. The gym space in the hotel was decent, with a giant mat that was slip resistant. It wasn’t quite clean enough to do floor work, but I managed to do standing stretches.

I felt rather exhausted through sound check at the NIA. I think everyone is tired from jet lag, but we did a great show anyway. After about 40 minutes of music, Stevie changed the set list. We performed a group of the hits from the 60s and 70s. The audience, a packed house, LOVED it. The energy of the show and the flow were fantastic, and I’m guessing we’ll be repeating that particular sequence…for the most part!

After the show, we headed to Manchester, about a 2 hour drive from Birmingham. We checked into a cute hotel all passed out!



Inside the NIA

No comments: