Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

2006 has been an incredible year! I’ve experienced some near devastating lows (most particularly, the diagnosis of my dear niece Naomi with Leukemia), but overall it’s been a year filled with extraordinary highs! Here's a basic summary of my musical year:

January:

The year started with a lovely trip to San Diego. I needed a break and decided to get away on my own. I stayed in a cute, little boutique hotel (Bristol Hotel San Diego). I had a great time visiting Sea World and hanging out with a few friends. The weather was gorgeous.

February:

My music was featured in a film on Showtime TV (“Jumping The Broom”).
I was interviewed and broadcast on the make-over program “What Not To Wear”, which aired on TLC.

March:

I recorded a demo with my friend Elaine Romanelli.

April:

Naomi was diagnosed with Leukemia. Though she must deal with the difficulty of chemotherapy, Naomi’s prognosis is excellent and we expect a full recovery!

May:

I performed with the Oakland Opera in X: The Life and Times of Malcolm X, by Anthony Davis. The music was challenging and required every bit of my sight reading and improvisatory skills. It’s being staged again in 2007 in another venue. More about that soon!

June:

I had the opportunity to audience for Beyonce. Despite not being hired, I’m practicing more than ever as a result of the disappointment, and am expecting my career to take off in a big way in 2006 as a result!
I met and played for India Arie!

July:

I was a substitute pianist for Teatro ZinZanni in San Francisco. I had a great time playing piano, camping it up in my sexy ingenue wardrobe!

August:

I was filmed in a Keith Urban music video! Only for a couple of seconds, but I’m there! lol
I performed in New York City for the first time and had a BLAST! I played at the Cutting Room, and the audience was packed full of record industry executives.

September:

I celebrated my birthday with friends and family.

October:

Naomi's fundraiser, held at the Emeryville Cold Stone Creamery, was a great success! We had a great turn out raised funds and awareness for Naomi and for Leukemia.

November:

I went to LA to celebrate my cousin’s birthday and the party was crashed by Britney Spears and Paris Hilton!

December:

The busiest month of the year. I’ve had all manner of performances, as an accompanist and soloist. Some musical theater, choral, spirituals, gospel, R&B and of course classical! Check out my 2006 calendar for an idea of the range of my performances.

On a personal note, I’m in the best shape of my life! My life is filled with family and friends who encourage, support, love and inspire me. My pets are the best doggies on the planet! (Ok, I'm biased!) I am grateful to all of the people who help me stay strong, fit, energetic and looking great! I highly recommend my trainers at Ice Chamber, my yoga teachers at Hot Box Yoga, my aesthetician Maisha of Skin by Maisha. They all keep me on my toes and I love the results!

I am blessed beyond measure, and am grateful for the gifts I am able to offer as a pianist, teacher, woman and friend.

May this season remind you of all that is beautiful in your life. Here’s to the best year yet for me and for each of you: 2007!

Abundant blessings and peace to you,

Victoria

No comments: