Saturday, December 16, 2006

Gig with Jeanette Harris

Tonight I played at Shanghai 1930 in Downtown San Francisco with sax player Jeanette Harris and her band (drummer Mike Harris and bassist Patrick Olvera). Jeanette and met a few months ago in line at the Beyonce audition (she didn't get hired either...oh well!) Here's the comment I left on her myspace page:
Hi Jeanette,

I had a GREAT time performing with you, Mike and Patrick last night. You guys are awesome! Mike and Patrick held it down, allowing me to playing freely, to be expressive and creative. They were EXACTLY what a pianist hopes for in a complete rhythm section. And you, my dear...WOW! You play with such passion, musicality and love! Your playing is an inspiration. I can't wait to play with you again on New Year's Eve!

Have a great show in LA and see you in a couple of weeks!

She will be releasing a new CD in 2007. Keep your eyes on this rising star!

No comments: