Saturday, October 11, 2008

Insomnia

I haven’t written in the past few days. At first, I’d adjusted immediately to the difference in time zone (Europe to Australia), but now every other day, I’m waking at 3am, regardless of what time I go to sleep. I went to bed last night at 2am, and at 3am, my eyes sprung open. Most people on the tour are experiencing this kind of erratic and unpredictable sleep patterns. I’m not too stressed out about it, since we’ve had several days off and I’ve been able to make it up by taking naps during the day.

On Saturday, I woke up at 3am, couldn’t go back to sleep until nearly 9am, and slept until 11am. I went into town with some of the guys, did some souvenir shopping at a lovely Aboriginal art gallery, and went back to the hotel to rest, since I didn’t feel good. It turns out that I’m experiencing some mild allergic reactions to the beautiful wildflowers and trees that are in bloom as its springtime here.

I mostly stayed in on Sunday, sleeping over 10 hours (until 2pm), only going outside to go for a walk and to eat dinner. I usually do more of a jog than a walk, but I had no energy, and didn’t want to push myself if I was catching a cold. I stayed up all day, and went to bed at 2am after practicing for 2 hours, waking up again at 3am. By 4am, I gave up trying to sleep and practiced a few more hours. I finally nodded off at 8am, but was awakened at 9am to go on a morning walk. So, I got up and walked into Perth with Kimberly and Greg. We left at 9:30am and didn’t return to the hotel until 2:30pm. We did some serious walking! Lol On our walk back to the hotel, we came across a curious sign: DUCK CROSSING!







I’ve been up all day today, and now it’s 11:30pm. I took a 75-minute nap earlier, before going to rehearsal, and I’m hoping that when I get in the bed, I’ll pass out and not wake until 8:30am. Wish me luck! The first Australian show is tomorrow night! : >

No comments: