Saturday, July 05, 2008

Mountain View Concert

What a night! Tonight we performed at the Shoreline Ampitheater in Mountain View, CA,



the first of two concerts in my home region. When we first arrived at the venue for sound check, I walked around, remembering the venue as I'd seen it as a spectator over the years. The energy of the space was vibrant as I anticipated the excitement of the crowd that would be coming to the show. I occasionally peeked through the curtains, watching the huge, near capacity crowd filter in as the sun went down.

Close to show time, I started receiving text messages from friends and family that there was a GIANT sign dedicated to me in the audience! As I walked onto the stage, I saw it, hanging from a ledge in the upper section: “GO VICTORIA”. WOW!! I was so happily surprised! What a beautiful gesture for someone (I still don’t know who made the sign) to do for me! Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I wish that I were articulate enough to express how much it means to me. : >



After the show, there was a rush of folks to come backstage. I am blessed to have a very large family and a very large group of friends, and of course everyone who attended the concert wanted a chance to meet Stevie and take a photo with him. The problem? Over 30 people showed up to the designated waiting area. Stevie’s security staff was not too pleased with the situation, but was gracious enough to allow me to bring several people backstage. I wish I could have brought everyone, and if it had been up to me, I would have. I was instructed to point out the members of my family who were standing closest to the door. With as many family members as I have, that instruction basically left out ALL of my personal friends and students, as well as several members of my family who happened to be standing farther from the door. So, to all of you who didn't make it backstage, I extend my apologies, and hope you weren’t too disappointed. Once security said “that’s it”, that was it and I had to go. : < Please know that I appreciate every one of you and am glad that you were able to attend the concert. I hope you had a great time, even though you couldn’t meet Stevie.

So, to all of you attending the Concord concert…please have no expectations of coming backstage! I will do what I can, but I can’t make any promises. In any case, I can’t wait to perform for you! : > There’s nothing like a Bay Area crowd!

No comments: