Monday, July 07, 2008

Hollywood Bowl Concert


It was my first time at the Hollywood Bowl, and what a way to experience the venue! We arrived with the sun high in the sky, and the Hollywood sign in clear view beyond the Bowl. Of course, I had to walk to the back of the venue to take a photo!

For this concert, Rickey Minor conducted a string section on a few of Stevie’s songs: Rocket Love, My Cherie Amour, If It’s Magic, and Overjoyed! I really enjoyed having the live strings with the band, but I missed playing especially on If It’s Magic (I usually play the Harp part). Howard Hewitt came on stage and sang with Stevie. It was a fun show!

After the show I was looking forward to taking photos with celebrities, but AGAIN I couldn’t find them! Oh well. I heard that there were several there (as one would expect in Hollywood), but I guess I’ll have to try again next time! Lol

No comments: