Monday, April 08, 2013

And let the gigs begin!

So....it's been a while since I've done my own shows.  I finished my EP, and had my release concert/celebration, and then...um...(head hangs with a sigh)...I just haven't gotten it together to start booking gigs.  (commence busy musician whining)  It's sooo hard to be an artist, with all the practicing, rehearsing, composing, arranging, second-guessing, rewriting, working on music for other people's gigs, teaching, lesson preparation, blah blah blah, AND I have to do the administrative work, booking, following up, accounting, creating and printing and disseminating fliers, promotions, interviews, etc. etc. etc.

But things are changing!  I'm learning to delegate and to let people help me.  I've got some real angels in my life, and for that I am truly grateful.

There are several shows coming this month.  The first is with my friend Kymberly Jackson, this Saturday night in Oakland!

Saturday, April 13 7:30pm Sistah's in Sound
The Joyce Gordon Gallery
406 – 14th Street Oakland, CA 94612 510-465-8928 $15 advance tickets$20 at the door
Also, check out this new article by Shelley MacKay, all about me!

"Grateful" SF Times

And don't forget about these shows:


Saturday, April 20
10am - 5pm
TEDxBerkeley: "Catalyzing Change"
Zellerbach Hall
U. C. Berkeley Campus (near the corner of Bancroft & Telegraph)
2200 University Drive
Berkeley, CA 94720
Tickets: $100 General Admission, $30 CAL Student/Faculty/Staff (with ID)

Friday, April 26
8pm Music SHE Wrote: Featuring Victoria Theodore Fundraiser for OPC - proceeds to support OPC's youth programs
Oakland Public Conservatory of Music
1616 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94602
510.836.4649
$15 advance tickets, $20 at the door

No comments: