Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Theodore at TEDx!

"If ever there were a spring day so perfect, so uplifted by a warm intermittent breeze, that it made you want to throw, open all the windows in the house..."
– Billy Collins, "Today"

Today was another beautiful day in Northern California.  The Billy Collins poem perfectly sums up the kind of day it was.  I opened the door to my garden and basked in the gentle breeze...until it was time to get back to work!  I've got a couple of shows coming in April that I'm preparing for.

I'm excited to announce that I was invited to perform for the TEDx Berkeley event being held April 20, 2013 at Zellerbach Hall in Berkeley!  For those who don't about about TED and TEDx events, check out the websites:  TED.com and TEDxBerkeley.com

TED is an organization that works under the concept of "ideas worth spreading".  It's a gathering of great minds, tackling the challenges of humanity, searching for answers, solutions, creating a vision for a better planet, advancing human potential, etc.  And they invited me to perform!  Yay!  (For those who didn't get the pun in the blog title, "Ted" is a nickname for "Theodore", my surname...).  Well, this particular "Ted" aims to be Victorious!  (Ok...no more puns...lol)

Saturday, April 20
10am - 5pm
TEDxBerkeley: "Catalyzing Change"
Zellerbach Hall
U. C. Berkeley Campus (near the corner of Bancroft & Telegraph)
2200 University Drive
Berkeley, CA 94720
Tickets: $100 General Admission, $30 CAL Student/Faculty/Staff (with ID)

I've created a new composition for solo piano specifically for this event and will also perform one of the songs from my "Grateful EP". This will be an amazing day and I hope that you will attend!

I also have a performance with my Sistah-friend, Kymberly Jackson, AKA the Pied Piper of the East Bay.  We've performed together around the Bay Area for years, but this time we'll be a duo!  We'll be playing music from both of our catalogs and some special cover tunes.  You won't want to miss this show either!

Saturday, April 13
7:30pm
Sistah's in Sound
The Joyce Gordon Gallery
406 – 14th Street
Oakland, CA 94612
510-465-8928
$15 advance tickets, $20 at the door

Friday, April 26
8pm
Music SHE Wrote:
Featuring Victoria Theodore
Fundraiser for OPC - proceeds to support OPC's youth programs
Oakland Public Conservatory of Music
1616 Franklin Street
Oakland, CA 94602
510.836.4649
$15 advance tickets, $20 at the door

No comments: