Monday, June 30, 2008

I had my hair trimmed and cut into long layers today in Denver. The stylist, Ed Gillespie, was FANTASTIC! He washed and conditioned my hair, and did a wonderful scalp massage just before ever so gently blowing out and flat ironing my hair. The resulting style looks great and makes me think that maybe I should try something new. I enjoy having long hair, but having it all the same length for so many years has become rather dull!

After returning from my trip to the Cherry Creek area, I went to a great yoga class at Samadhi Yoga. The class, taught by resident instructor Tina Aisner Porter, was tough, yet inspiring. Tina is an excellent instructor, and guided us students to remain focused on our practice, maintain proper breathing and to be kind to ourselves, backing off when needed. On the road, I do practice yoga in my hotel room, but nothing beats having a great teacher to encourage and guide me! I’m so glad that I went!

Finally, a group of us on the tour went and had a great time bowling, and despite my utter ignorance of the game, I managed a LUCKY STRIKE! ; >

Photos: bowling, me & Ed

No comments: