Sunday, September 18, 2011

Austin City Limits

Austin City Limits!  Deep in the heart of Texas, or at least what I’d imagine is the heart of Texas. I’m not really sure.  In any case, I had a great time!  We arrived arrived at the hotel, and headed off in search of some food.  Judith and I walked around town, spying painted cows everywhere!

Painted cow
Apparently, they’re painted and auctioned off as fundraisers for children’s hospitals.  So cute!  Walking back to the hotel, I noticed the beautiful sunset and had to take a photo.  No matter where, or how often I have the chance to watch a sunset, it never ceases to amaze me with its beauty.

Sunset in Austin
Time to go to the headliner shows on Friday night!  Judith, Lanesha and I walked out of the hotel and selected a pedi-cab to give us a ride to the festival.  We chose the best one!  Christopher (of Bike Pimps) not only is a very cool guy, but also had a boom box playing a killer setlist of funk, raggae and soul music.  We were rolling down the street, hair flying in the breeze, not worry or care in mind.  Ah!

Judith, Lanesha, Me
I’m a big fan of Coldplay, but also respect the work of Kanye West, though admittedly, I don’t know his music as well as I know Coldplay’s.  According to the schedule, Coldplay was supposed to go on first, with Kanye starting a while later.  Unfortunately, they both went on at about the same time, leaving me in the dilemma of making a choice!  Since I’d already had the chance to watch Coldplay perform when I was in Stockholm, Sweden, I decided to watch about 15 minutes of Coldplay and then head to Kanye West’s show.  They were both very good, but I wish I could have had a better view.  We were standing down by stage left, and could only see everything from an angle.  But the set, lights and dancers were amazing!

Cold play

Kayne West

Riding with Christopher back to the hotel

The next day, right before Stevie’s show, Cee Lo Green performed.  He has an all female band that was rocking hard!  Cee Lo was cool about having Stevie's band watch from backstage, but since we had to do hair and makeup, Judith and I went to get food first, and then came to Cee Lo's show about 30 minutes into it.  I did get to hear "Crazy" and "F You", so it was a fun show!

Cee Lo Green

As always, Stevie was brilliant, funky, beautiful, inspiring, heartwarming, etc.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I have such a great job!

Stevie in the show

After the show

No comments: