Saturday, May 01, 2010

Victoria Theodore May Performances

"Now the bright morning Star, Dayes harbinger,
Comes dancing from the East, and leads with her
The Flowry May, who from her green lap throws
The yellow Cowslip, and the pale Primrose.
Hail bounteous May that dost inspire
Mirth and youth, and warm desire,
Woods and Groves, are of thy dressing,
Hill and Dale, doth boast thy blessing.
Thus we salute thee with our early Song,
And welcom thee, and wish thee long."
- Song On May Morning, John Milton


May! Bright sun, gentle breeze, coats and boots be gone! I'm definitely a tropical type: I adore beautiful, warm weather. Well, who doesn't, really?

April was a great month for me. I was the guest artist and composer for the Fisk University Jazz Ensemble Spring Concert. On the program were 3 of my works, 2 of which received their debut. It was an exciting day, despite it being Tax Day : >

I've finally decided that I need to take steps towards completing my own project. I've procrastinated for years, with one "valid" reason after the next. No more. I'll be keeping up with my journey here on my blog, so check in when you can!

I have several great performances coming up. I hope to see you soon!

Sat, May 1
8:30pm - 11:30pm
Marcello's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Come hear me play and sing!
It's also open mic! Sing with me! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me! Any style!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144 | map

Sun, May 2
Seating at 11am & 1pm
1300 On Fillmore
Gospel Brunch w/ Michael Cheadle
1300 Fillmore Street San Francisco, CA 94115 | 415.771.7100 | map

Sat, May 15
8:30pm - 11:30pm
Marcello's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Come hear me play and sing!
It's also open mic! Sing with me! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me! Any style!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144 | map

Fri, May 21
6:30pm - 8:30pm
E-22 Café
Come hear me play and sing!
It's also open mic! Sing with me! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me! Any style!
1366 Powell Street Emeryville, CA 94608-2506 | 510.428.9334 | map

No comments: