Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Victoria Theodore November Performances

"So dull and dark are the November days.
The lazy mist high up the evening curled,
And now the morn quite hides in smoke and haze;
The place we occupy seems all the world"
– John Clare, November

Hello Friends,

A few days ago, someone sent me one of those lovely excuses to procrastinate: a quiz asking me to name a place I'd rather be in this moment. The phrase from the above poem "the place occupy seems all the world" resonated strongly with me, simply because I'm content to be where I am...wherever that may be! I can't say that I've always had this perspective, but time, experience, wisdom has brought me here. It's all good! I hope that wherever you may be (physically, emotionally, financially, etc.) is beautiful, exactly what you need in this moment, that you perceive it as such, and that it will lead to even greater levels of good, joy and happiness for you!

I recently returned home from another fabulous tour with the legendary Stevie Wonder. One of the performances was for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Concert, which will air on HBO on Sunday, November 29, 2009. Two nights of concerts were filmed, including performances by Stevie Wonder, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Aretha Franklin, and many others. During Stevie's set, the band had the opportunity to accompany Smokey Robinson, Jeff Beck, John Legend, B. B. King and Sting!

Please check my web site to see a full, up-to-date listing of when and where I'm performing. I'd love to see you at one of my performances. Please come say hello!

I'm gradually switching over to using a group email service. At your leisure, please visit the following link and sign up on my Yahoo Group page to receive updates and email messages about my performances:

Victoria Theodore Group

Here are a few upcoming shows, but check my website for the latest information:

NOVEMBER
Fri, Nov 6
6:30pm - 8:30pm
E-22 Café
Open mic! Come sing! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me!
1366 Powell Street Emeryville, CA 94608-2506 | 510.428.9334 | map

Sat, Nov 7
8:30pm - 11:30pm
Marcello's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Open mic! Come sing! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144 | map

Thu, Nov 12 Sat, Nov 14 8pm
Thu, Nov 19 Sat, Nov 21 8pm
Sun, Nov 15 & Nov 22 2pm

Dark River A New Opera by Mary D. Watkins
Oakland Opera Theater
630 3rd Street Oakland, CA 94607 | 510.763.1146 | map
Advance Tickets: $14-28 general

Mary Watkins' new opera, Dark River, tells the history of the SNCC (Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee) and the biography of Fannie Lou Hamer, a central figure of the early to mid sixties Civil Rights Movement.

Sat, Nov 28
8pm
Stevie Wonder
A Wonder Autumn Night

MGM Grand Garden Arena
3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South Las Vegas, NV 89109 | 877.880.0880 | map

Sun, Nov 29
8pm
Stevie Wonder & other artists
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Show

HBO
If you watch the videos closely enough, you'll see me on the left side of the screen. But don't blink!!

No comments: