Monday, October 05, 2009

A Lovely Weekend

I had a lovely weekend. My uncle Marcus and aunt Valerie took me to lunch on Friday in celebration of my birthday (yes, I believe in extending the celebration!). Friday evening, I performed at E-22 Café, and felt good about my performance. I was in good voice and had abundant energy, thankfully! Thanks to OD for sitting in and playing congos with me all night! Thanks to Sundra and Amy (who’s performing at the café this Friday – check her out!), as well as Dave, Deborah and Kevin, and Mr. and Mrs. Pascual for coming to see me perform again!


After teaching Saturday morning, I had intended to drive to Sacramento, but thanks to insufficient sleep, didn’t think it wise to make that drive alone. I wanted to go support my niece Naomi in her modeling debut! Naomi was invited to model in a fashion show fundraiser in support of the Keaton Raphael Memorial Foundation, a charity devoted to helping families as the confront childhood cancer. Naomi has been a cover model for KRM and a recipient of their generosity. Although I wasn’t able to attend, I got reports that Ms. Naomi was FIERCE! Knowing my precious angel of a niece as I do, I’m certain that she WORKED the runway! ; >


Saturday night, I was back at Marcello’s in Danville. What a lively house it was this weekend! Familiar faces and new friends enjoyed themselves as I played and sang my usual wide variety of songs. I’ve got to start incorporating some of my own songs into my set list. Maybe I’ll start with 1 or 2 and see how it goes. Thanks to my steadfast supportes Michael and Evie, and Solomon, my new friends Roger, Katie, Calvin, Tina, Dan and his wife (oops, forgot her name…chagrined am I), Matt, Jim, Carro, Gio, John and Linda. I had a great time and hope to see you all again soon!


After working all weekend, I celebrated my birthday again with Amy and her mom Marlene (ah, the celebration continues!). They treated me to lunch and invited me to a movie, but I had to get back into the studio to work on tracks. It’s a busy studio week for me. Last night I finished 2 tracks! 3 more to go before Friday! I’m so happy to be getting back into creative mode after a long, long, long hiatus. : >

No comments: