Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

Another beautiful birthday has come and gone. I am so grateful for all of the love, kindness and blessings that my amazing family and friends sent my way. I am left with the fully ineffective, yet fitting word: WOW! I had the chance to celebrate my birthday (9/24), my mom’s birthday (9/27), and my nephew’s birthday (9/30) over the weekend. We all went to dinner with family members, watched Stevie Wonder’s DVD "Live at Last"(which I happen to be a part of), and had a great time enjoying each other’s company.

I’ve enjoyed a few excellent dinners, including dinner at Pican Restaurant and Burma Superstar. Both were excellent and I look forward to revisiting each! As usual, my birthday was on a warm, sunny day (thanks to Indian Summer!), and I actually took the day off! I went to see the movie “Julie and Julia”, which was the perfect set up for dinner at Chez Panisse. The food was superlative! I had Salmon Carpaccio with mustard and capers, Pasta e fagioli and a main course of Grilled duck breast with huckleberries and fried polenta. I don’t even like duck, but this was so well prepared that I ate every morsel. Desert was a cardamom pavlova with raspberry ice cream. Yummy! I so adore great food. I think I should get out and enjoy a fabulous meal at least every other week. Yes! As soon as I stop being a ridiculous workaholic and allow myself more free time. That’s coming soon, people! Just you watch! : >

Thank you for the birthday wishes, gifts and love! If you don’t already know, I love you all!!!

No comments: