Saturday, August 01, 2009

Tracks, gig, tracks...

This evening I had another gig with flautist Kymberly Jackson at Qs Lounge in Jack London Square. This afternoon, I spent some time working on tracks for clients, and the time got away from me. Before I could finish, it was time to leave for my gig. My dear cousin, Jonathan, worked as my roadie for the night (thank GOD!! I didn't have to lug equipment!), and kindly set up all of my gear for me. The gig went well, and I had fun playing with Kymberly, Brian, Mark and Charleston once again. Thanks to my friends who came to the show. I so appreciate your presence, support and seeing your smiling faces: Revonda, Darian, Phil, Dewey, Andre, Sara and Lynette (my fellow keyboardist who's rocking on the new hit MTV reality show "Making His Band". Check her out!!). Rapper Too Short happened to stop by for a while as well. It was a full house!

So, I'm back home from the gig, and DOH! I just remembered that I didn't finish one of my client's tracks. Sigh. Can I please have a 30 hour day, so I can get everything done? I just want to go to sleep, but I can't let my client down...

Back to tracking, then to bed, hopefully before 2am!

No comments: