Thursday, July 09, 2009

Fireworks and Finales: Victoria Theodore July Performances

"I never dreamed you'd leave in summer
I thought you would go then come back home
I thought the cold would leave by summer
But my quiet nights will be spent alone"
– Stevie Wonder

Hello Friends!
Fireworks: I hope that you all enjoyed a lovely Fourth of July holiday. I spent the day trying (unsuccessfully) to stave off a cold. I'm feeling better now, but I'd lost my voice, which is not cool! I did spend the evening with family, enjoying a delicious meal prepared by my aunt and uncle.

Finales: One the way to the second stop in Stevie Wonder's recent short tour, we learned that Michael Jackson died. It was quite a shock to all of us musicians. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, and like so many little girls, loved him! His music is so full of vitality, hope, love and joy, and his dancing inspired me and countless others to appreciate and embrace dance. I remember spending hours learning every move of the "Thriller" choreography! He was an incredible talent.

I've only watched about 45 minutes of the memorial that was broadcast on Tuesday, but what I've seen is beautiful. Especially moving for me was Stevie's performance of "Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer". That song is probably my favorite of his heartbreak songs, and I thought a perfect farewell to Michael, followed by the beautiful "They Won't Go". Stevie held nothing back in his performance, and brought tears to my eyes for the first time since learning of Michael's demise.

On a lighter note, I'm trying to figure out how I can fit dance classes into my already ridiculously busy schedule. Wish me luck!

Here's where you can find me performing (music, that is!):

JULY 2009

Sat, Jul 11
8:30pm - 11:30pm
Marcello's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Open mic! Come sing! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144

Wed, Jul 15
8pm
KBLX Presents Benjie Ross with special guests Nikki Thomas (KBLX Morning Show) and Arlington Houston Quartet with Valinda Love
Jazz / R&B
Yoshi's Oakland
510 Embarcadero West, Jack London Square Oakland, CA 94607 | 510.238.9200
$15

Fri, Jul 17
8:30pm - 11:30pm
Marcello's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Open mic! Come sing! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144

Sat, Jul 18, 9pm-12:30
Kymberly Jackson
Jazz / R&B
Oyster Reef Seafood Restaurant
1000 Embarcadero Oakland, CA 94606 | 510.836.2519

Fri, Jul 24
10:30am (PST)
Radio Interview: Women (and Legends) Who Really Rock! with Carmen Milagro
"Women (and Legends) Who Really Rock! with Carmen Milagro" is a one-hour weekly LIVE Internet radio show, hosted by Carmen Milagro

Sat, Jul 25
8:30pm - 11:30pm
Marcello's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Open mic! Come sing! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144

Fri, Jul 31,
8-11:30pm
Kymberly Jackson
Q's Lounge
Jazz / R&B
Everett & Jones Barbeque • 126 Broadway Oakland, CA 94607 | 510.663.2350

Please check out my web site to see a full, up-to-date listing of when and where I'm performing. I'd love to see you at one of my performances. Please come say hello!

Just click on one of the links and then click the button that says "SHOWS".

Have a wonderful month! I hope to see you soon!

No comments: