Sunday, June 12, 2016

Social media diet

Ah...
That felt so good.
A whole week without social media.

Last week, when I landed in Los Angeles, I decided that I needed a break from social media, and to spend more time connecting with people in real life.  I spent time with my loved ones, went to a few parties, played piano, and enjoyed my life.

I'm always trying to find ways to live in excellence and be as healthy as possible. In that effort, I subscribe to a variety of podcasts and newsletters (Tim Ferriss and Marie Forleo are two of my favorite). Recently, I listened to Tim talk about how he takes a 4 week break from being online on occasion. I can't really afford to do that at this point, but I took 9 days off.

Let me tell you!! It was so refreshing!  I did check my job related email messages, but that's it. No posting, no surfing, no commenting. Just real life. I highly recommend it.
 
Time to fly again.
Finally heading back to Europe.
Up and away.


No comments: