Thursday, December 01, 2011

Victoria Theodore: December Performances

Winter has come too soon...

"Goodnight my angel, now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry, and if you sing this lullaby
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me
Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabies go on and on
They never die
That's how you and I will be...."

-  Billy Joel, "Lullaby"

My dear friends,

 It's with a sad heart that I inform you of the passing of my dear pet, Aki Shima.  Aki died on November 27, while I was out of town.  He provided me with 15 years of love, protection, dedication and fun.  I wrote a short obituary for Aki:

RIP Aki Shima

And his memorial:

Aki Memorial

Musically, everything is going well.  I just performing on the Ellen DeGeneres Show with Stevie Wonder and did a series of radio promotions in Los Angeles.  Here's a link to the Ellen Show:

Stevie Wonder on Ellen 2011

I have a few upcoming shows and, since it's nearly that time of year, I need to remind you of my Christmas CD, Victoria Theodore Christmas!


You can download the CD at any of these online purveyors:


Or, you can purchase a physical CD at my Christmas performance at Yoshi's San Francisco on December 13 (my first time at Yoshi's not being a supporting musician)!  I don't have many actual CDs left, so don't miss out!  I'm performing at Yoshi's on the second night of a series:


Tuesday December 13
and


Monday December 12
and

$12 adv / $16 door 

I'll be inviting a few special guests to join me onstage for my performance.  All of the shows are sure to get you into the holiday spirit!  Come to both nights and demonstrate your support for local music!  What a lovely way to start the holidays!

I'm also performing at Marcello's this coming Saturday night.  This will be my last show of the year at Marcello's.  Remember, there's a drum set there and a PA, so bring your instruments, sing, play or just enjoy the show!  I hope to see you there!

Sat, December 3
7pm - 10pm
Open mic! Come sing! Bring your instrument! Play a song or two with me!
515 San Ramon Valley Boulevard Danville, CA 94526 | 925.838.8144 | map


Sun, Dec 11
11am
Plymouth United Church of Christ
424 Monte Vista Ave. Oakland, CA 94611 | 510.654.5300

Tue, Dec 13
8pm
Urban Music Presents
Women of Jazz Celebrate the Holidays at Yoshi's San Francisco
Destiny Muhammed, Harp-- Victoria Theodore, Piano
1330 Fillmore Street San Francisco, CA 94115 | 415.655.5600 | map
$12 adv / $16 door

Sat, Dec 17
7:30pm
Stevie Wonder
House Full of Toys
Nokia Theatre L.A. Live
777 Chick Hearn Court Los Angeles, CA 90015 | 213.763.6000 | map

Sat, Dec 31
9:30pm
Stevie Wonder
New Year's Eve Concert
The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South Las Vegas, NV 89109 | 702.698.7000 | map

Coming soon...my journey to Brazil...Minha viagem ao Brasil!

Until next time, I wish you all a most beautiful holiday season!  This will be my first holiday season without Aki in 15 years, but I'm blessed to have my other dogs and my beloved friends and family all around me.  Good night, my angel-dog...

No comments: