Monday, June 19, 2006

I didn't get the Beyonce gig

Today I heard from several friends that Beyonce has chosen her band. Though I thought I played well at the audition, I never got a call back. Oh well. It seemed like such the perfect gig for me, but apparently it wasn't meant to be. I guess I'll just have to ramp up my practicing and be even better prepared next time! Though it would have been a dream come true to work with her (she is unbelievable), there's sure to be something out there that will be perfect for me.

Now that I've taken a foray into the auditioning world, I think I'll start going down to LA a couple of times a month. I should do more to let people know about me....

I can't wait to hear the band. The women must be FIERCE. I'm very glad to see that women who've dedicated their lives to excellence on their instrument get a chance to shine. We ladies don't always get the lucky breaks, so I cheer them on. It's an inspiration to me as I continue my quest to be more and more fierce.

Time to hit the keys... at least this experience has inspired me to strive even harder to reach the next level with my music. Wish me luck!

ps Ms. Knowles, if any of the keyboard players don't work out, call me! ; >

No comments: